It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow Cookbook Review


Gwyneth Paltrow's It’s All Good Cookbook Review

Written by Lily O'Dare & Edited by Alexis Corry


Hi there! Lily here, daughter of host Cindy, and close friend of David! I’m here to talk about a new cookbook that I just picked up titled It’s All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow.

I love a new cookbook: the beautiful images, mouthwatering descriptions, informational guides that we hope to master and cook the same way they advise, and in regards to this cookbook in particular…

I. love. Gwyneth.

So I naturally pre-ordered this book weeks ago on Amazon.com and am very pleased to say I've received it, and it is truly stunning.


I have followed Paltrow’s blog, GOOP, for years, and have thoroughly enjoyed using her first cookbook, My Father’s Daughter. To me, she is more of a lifestyle coach than an actress -- only because I seem to take more away from her medicinal food beliefs and wholesome attitude in her writing and posts rather than her films.

It’s All Good was created with the help of her cooking partner, Julia Turshen. Together the two women have grasped an entirely new lifestyle and approach to the kitchen. 

Paltrow's first cookbook, My Father’s Daughter, targeted to a broader audience and featured many comfort foods, white flour, etc. still balanced with some wonderful plant based recipes as well. It's All Good, on the other hand, mainly focuses on whole grains (no gluten), vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, a little bit of fish, poultry, meat, and healthy desserts. The only sweeteners per recipe include good quality maple syrup (my personal favorite), date paste, and honey. Dairy isn’t really involved at all apart from a few recipes that include goat’s cheese. 

It’s All Good is just that. Every recipe is good for you, and happens to also taste great exuding beauty on your table top. A few recipes that I’ve already marked include: Dark Chocolate Bark with Coconut + Almonds + Sea Salt, Lentil Salad with Mustard + Tomatoes, Carrots with Black Sesame + Ginger, Banana Date Muffins, and Millet Falafel with Avocado + Tomato Relish.

The footnotes are especially helpful, as Paltrow has taken much care and thought into each tip and description. She and Julia have also provided a wonderful guide to the kitchen including what to buy and stock up on to ensure optimal flavor and overall health. 

I really love everything about the book. Day to day, I try to avoid gluten and dairy because I have noticed in my own experiments that I truly feel better when I eliminate them from my diet. I would never cut them out entirely, because what is lovelier than a warm chocolate chip cookie or a hot cheesy slice of pizza from your favorite pizzeria? I can’t think of many things that compete.

I give this book 5 stars. The food styling is absolutely gorgeous, the ingredients are accessible, the recipes seem easy and delicious, and the cookbook has an overall simple yet special feel. A must read! 

Lily is the current editorial intern for Ocean Drive magazine and contributes stories each month. She is in her third year at University of Miami majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Public Relations. Lily has a huge passion for the culinary world and has worked with top chefs, food writers, and urban farmers. She has assisted in the production of a cookbook from styling, cooking, to taste testing, cross-tested recipes for publications such as Martha Stewart Living and Women’s Health Magazine, and as a local food enthusiast has helped to shine light on the Slow Food revolution in South Florida (and other yummy ventures) via her blog, Candied-Life.com


1 comments:

 

D+C on Facebook

D+C on Instagram

Pin with D&C